We Get the Job Done Right the First Time!
Is Your Boiler Due A Service?
Boiler Servicing Done The Right Way
During a boiler service, our qualified gas safe engineers conduct a series of checks and tests. These tests are vital in ensuring that your boiler is working safely and efficiently. Ideally, your boiler should be serviced once per year to prolong its life.
To get started, contact us at 020 8262 0384 and schedule an appointment. Our East London heating specialists are looking forward to helping you with all your Boiler Servicing needs.
What to Expect During a Boiler Service
Once you schedule a boiler service with BHS, these are some of the practices we’ll carry out during this visit:
- Visual inspection: our engineers will check your heating system to verify that it still meets current standards and regulations. They will also look for signs of corrosion and leakage before checking the flame of the boiler.
- Removal of boiler casing: To check the internal components of the boiler, the housing has to be removed. Our expert gas safe engineers know how to perform this task in a safe manner. Once the casing is removed, they’ll be able to clean the inside and check whether the heat exchanger, spark probe, burner and main injector are functioning as they should.
- Flue check: The engineers will look for possible obstacles in the flue terminals. If there are, they will remove these obstructions and then check whether the flue is installed correctly.
- Gas pressure check: This is essential to ensure that the heating system works at the right pressure level.
- Firing up the boiler: This will enable our engineers to identify any possible defects.
Why is a Boiler Service Important?
Most boilers run on some kind of combustible material, which could be gas, oil, coal or even propane. The common aspect between these energy sources is that they’re all carbon-based fuels, meaning that they emit carbon monoxide (CO) when burned. Poorly fitted boilers and damaged seals can lead to gas leaks, and this can cause severe health risks. Luckily, boiler servicing involves checks for possible gas leaks. Our gas safe registered engineers inspect all the components of the boiler to ensure the fuel is burning properly. In case you suspect a gas leak, contact us even if your yearly service is not due.
Cut Back on Heating Costs
When a boiler has been used for a very long time, it tends to become less efficient than before. As a result, it uses up more energy to heat up than necessary, and this can cost you a lot of money in the long-run. By scheduling an annual service, we’re able to check whether every component is in perfect condition so as to provide great efficiency.
It’s not advisable to put off a boiler service because you want to save money. In the long-run, you could spend more fixing problems that could have been identified during routine servicing.
Often, boilers come with a manufacturer’s warranty, which lasts between 1 and 15 years. This means that any defects that arise in the course of the period will be repaired at no extra cost. However, the warranty is given on one condition- that you hire a professional gas safe registered engineer to service the boiler annually.
How long does a Boiler Service Take?
Our gas safe registered engineers take about 30 minutes to service boilers. However, this duration depends on the specific brand and model of the heating system. Once they complete this process, they will give you a report that details everything they’ve done. Don’t shy away from asking any questions you have regarding the boiler service.
Why Browns Heating Services?
You will be greeted by a friendly voice whenever you call ensuring that your needs are met.
Fast Response Time
With our expert team, we can dispatch an engineer to your door ASAP.
No surprises – just the solution you need for total peace of mind for your family and household.
Receive full-service plumbing and heating solutions to handle any challenge to your comfort.
Expect honest recommendations and advice to serve your needs.
A competitive price is provided to you upfront, before the work starts.